7.5' X 11" Oval
36" Table Runners
36" Tri- Cricles
8" x 27" Stairtreds
20" x 30" Rugs
* Rugs are made from 100% natural jute fiber. Jute fiber is harvested from the bamboo-like Jute plant. Jute Rugs date back to the very beginning of rug weaving. Jute Rugs were used extensively in the 17th through the 19th centuries throughout the old British Empire. They are eco-friendly and jute is biodegradable!
* Jute is a primary resource fiber, produced directly from the earth and is a sustainable resource! Jute is a reed, like bamboo, that grows best in fertile delta soil. The Jute plant is harvested then split open to expose the inner fibers. The inner fibers of the Jute stalk are very soft and after retting, cleaning and combing they are spun into yarn. Jute is biodegradable.
* Jute is one of the strongest fibers known to man! It was used on seagoing ships before the invention of steel cables. Woven into rugs, jute fibers provide lasting beauty and strength. They withstand commercial use and can last a lifetime in the home.
Jute has natural water repellent characteristics. Remember, it is a reed that naturally grows in water. Water cannot damage a rug woven from jute fiber.
* Just like other fine rugs, they can be cleaned with mild soap and water, a mild carpet shampoo or commercially dry-cleaned. Cleaning enhances the beauty of these rugs. Vacuum normally. Do not machine wash.
* Rugs meet the Consumer Products Safety Commission Standard FF-2-70 for flammability. What this really means is they will not ignite. They are absolutely perfect near the fireplace or beneath the Christmas Tree!
* Because they are 100% natural. Natural jute fiber is safer to use in any home with children or pets than synthetic rugs made with man made fibers. Other natural fiber braided rugs like wool are often treated with chemicals for moth proofing. Jute is naturally moth proof!
* They are yarn dyed with the highest quality chemical dyes available. Throughout history jute fiber has been treasured for its capacity to take and hold beautiful colors. Brilliantly dyed jute fibers have been found in Neolithic remains dating back thousands of years. The natural sheen of jute fiber retains the look of fine silk.
* Fireplaces are great because they are naturally fire Retardant. They meet the Consumer Products Safety Commission Standard FF-2-70 for flammability. This means, if a spark lands on a rug it will not ignite but rather will smolder. They are safer than synthetic rugs and other natural fiber rugs.
* Entryways, Hallways & Mudrooms make use of our unique sizes and shapes designed to fit entryways in homes, boats, or RV's! Our shapes and sizes are perfect all around the house!
* Many people use carpet tacks or double sided carpet tape, available at your local hardware store to adhere the stairtreds.